Linda-Maree's picture is of an Anglican church....it is really pretty and , as Linda pointed out, her picture has a 'doll's house' feel about it.
Many of the church buildings in England are literally hundreds of years old, and quite spectacular when you notice all their ornate detail. I was a bit undecided on the picture for the week, but eventually chose this one, of a local church, St. Andrew's in Great Billing village, Northampton.
Somehow, all of my 'building' pictures are of churches. Here are some others:
This is the steeple of the church in another local village, Wilby, that I drive through every day, and yet it was only this week that I glanced up Church Lane and noticed the beautiful church at the end of it.
In the background of the picture above (sorry Kidgy!) is another breathtaking example of how much time and effort goes into creating and restoring some of the older buildings - this being a cathedral in Germany (sorry, can't remember exactly which one now).
And, finally, back to St. Andrew's in Northampton......when I saw this bench, over-looking the flowers and headstones, and I felt the peacefulness that only God can bring into our lives.
A place to find the quiet solace that we all need from time to time.
I must confess I've had a horrible 'people' week, and I've been reminded of just how cruel and hurtful some people choose to be with their words.
So, taking some time out to appreciate this kind of beauty provided some comfort to me.





No comments:
Post a Comment