Linda's picture is of one of her little hippo ornaments (her favourite wild animal).
I really struggled to get my small items to appear small (and not big) in my pictures, but Linda managed to make a naturally large animal retain it's small appearance as an ornament.
My picture choice for the week is of Maxine's favourite bath toys, mainly Pokemon characters. I discovered this circle of friends left in the bath one evening, and tried to 'join' their discussion.
I wish I could capture some of the great adventures these toys have in the bath - Maxine has me enthralled every night as I listen to the conversations they have!
This was what they looked like from further away:
The other 'small' item I wanted to share was my wedding band - actually engagement, wedding, and eternity ring. It's small because my hands and fingers are small, but it's beautifully dainty - suiting me perfectly. Trevor saw a ring many years ago, but knew I wouldn't like it as it was too big and heavy for my hands, so he had the jeweller make a smaller version for me. A couple of years ago he had an eternity ring made to complete the set.
And, finally, a small hedgehog visited our garden a few months ago....I don't know where it came from, but I felt really honoured that he chose our garden! He got a bit frightened by my presence, so I left him in peace.
My life lesson for the week has been to appreciate that often our own perceptions (of ourselves, and life in general) are influenced by others, and indeed society as a whole, and sometimes we need to stop and think and question that in order to stay true to ourselves and what we believe in as individuals. Not always that easy to do!




I adore the background of your wedding ring picture and how cute is that little hedgehog...That is something that I don't think visits our gardens in South Africa...Very valuable life lesson - one that we should all take notice of...
ReplyDeleteLots of love
love those little bath toys :). you are so right that everything depends on your perspective!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun theme...I love the little hedgehog!
ReplyDelete