Whoa....what a month February has been.....I think I'll have to leave it for another post......Blog Your Heart is set to have a comeback, me thinks!
The theme for TUM this month was 'Home', and I struggled which I didn't expect to......but then I also appreciate it's because my home is not my own.....I share it with my in-laws, and some months are better than others. This month hasn't been brilliant.....not for any arguments, but rather for the silences.
I don't feel comfortable in my own home anymore, and I feel really sad about that.
But there are some things that bring me pleasure, and some that remind me of who I am, and of happy memories I have. And those are the items I chose to share.
This is my favourite picture this month, taken this afternoon. I have such a soft spot for these Mallard ducks who keep visiting our house and pond....I could watch them all day, and take pictures of them all day. I don't know if it's Ducky Momo....I'm afraid I must confess that I may be 'Duckist'.....because they all look the same to me!!!
This is a picture with the other one in the background.
I love our garden.....I love our decking and our pond area......and I can't wait for the weather to become warmer so we can continue with the progress.
Trev built the bamboo fence, as well as designed the bridge......the pond was his vision, and I love that....he sees things in a way I never could.
One of the Japanese Maple trees on the other side of the pond......you can see the bridge in the background.
We spent the single biggest amount on the house this year, replacing the old tarmac driveway with patterned concrete, as well as extending down the sides of the house, and building some short retaining walls. It has allowed us to reclaim muddy stretches that never see the light. March will see the old fence being replaced. It's really taking shape now.
Inside the house, there are some items that hold precious memories for me. One of which is this fan, bought in Malaysia in 1999, during one of the most wonderful holidays Trevor and I have ever been on. The painted fan, above our bed, reminds me of those wonderful memories every day, and warm my heart on the days it needs warming.
And, finally, an item I bought in South Africa last year, so it holds both great memories, but also reminds me of where I come from. I have always loved gemstones.....don't know why.....and brought my collection from South Africa many years ago....nothing special or expensive....just pretty.
I love the patterns of the bowl, and it always makes me smile when I remember the expression of the shopkeeper when I asked to buy it, when it was seen as just a worthless old rusty bowl on the floor.....it wasn't actually for sale!
Enough of me.....now on to Claire......lovely pictures again. I remember you mentioning your Welsh dresser before, and it doesn't surprise me that it would feature in our 'Home' theme.
It is beautiful, Claire.
And, yes, I love the plant as well......Spring is such a wonderful time......it's my favourite season....full of hope and better things to come after the cold, dark Winter.
And that's it from me for now.......three weeks today I will be on an aeroplane, headed towards my brother.
I am so excited, but also so nervous!
I am also feeling very guilty that I am really looking forward to getting away from it all......and that's mainly 'home' I'm talking about.










No comments:
Post a Comment