I have to share my week.....it has been quite remarkable.
Monday began with submission of the year end results to Germany, Tuesday morning was the next foot appointment (yes, still treating the verruca's, although I have almost exhausted all treatment options?!), Tuesday evening was an appointment with a very obnoxious breast consultant, and then there was Wednesday's hospital appointment......the one I had been worrying about. I didn't know if the appointment was going to be just a simple consultation, or if there was going to be corrective treatment. I suspected the latter and I was really nervous.
So I leave Trev in the waiting room and go through and have a chat with the consultant, a very sweet middle-aged man, who had a lovely way of comparing eroded cervixes to Mick Jaggers lips.......but then I had to go into the treatment room, and get undressed, ready for inspection.
So there I was, legs up in the air, to my horror being shown all my internal bits on a screen by Mr Doctor.
Yes, he did want to proceed with treatment....Cryocautery to the cervix.....(I'll leave you to look it up yourself)
Nurse 1 is then joined by nurse 2, who's function it was to distract me while nurse 1 counted down for Mr Doctor.
By this point I am beyond nervous!
Nurse 2 begins by asking me what I do.......well....then the verbal diarrhoea began.....I launched into my year end deadlines for work, then onto my planned holiday to Malaysia.....
I'm focussing on nurse 2 so I don't have to think about Mr Doctor and what he's up to down there.......all the time with nurse 1 counting down the time on the other side of me. Mid-way through my garble, Mr Doctor decides to join in the conversation and ask me where I'm flying to and with which airline.......and if you fly with Air Malaysia you usually get such and such free, blah blah blah....I could have died.....
All I was thinking was 'NO......don't talk to me.....focus on what you're doing down there!!!!!'
Anyway, as quickly as it started it finished and I received my post-procedure instructions and got dressed and left.....feeling somewhat violated I have to say.
The funny part comes in when I got home and later undressed to get back into bed......the socks I'd put on that morning had a great big gaping hole in the left heel......only I could manage to put on a pair of socks and not notice!
Anyway, so that's me for the week I'm quite pleased to see the back of.......the rest of the week concluded with our auditors beginning their year end audit and January Results being issued to Germany.......
Thought you might appreciate the funny story though!
(My post yesterday was followed by a call from the home to say my mom had been unwell, and they were sending her in to the hospital to be checked out as they were a bit concerned as she had been vomiting a lot. It's a slow and very tedious process, and I eventually saw her returned back to the home at 2am this morning......slightly unaware of all the fuss, but pleased to have spent the evening with me!
This evening, though, mum truly does not remember anything about last night......and was even eating a spring roll when I arrived to visit her.)

No comments:
Post a Comment