Saturday, 20 October 2012

Weekly Update - A week of Firsts

 

This week has been not been my best, if I'm honest, but it has included a whole bunch of 'firsts'....
 
On the negative side, it was the first time I opened my mouth at home, knowing it would cause trouble....and it did, a whole week of silent treatment from my mother-in-law, BUT I was true to myself, and I did not raise my voice, nor was I disrespectful.
 
It was also the worst week I have had at work in a VERY long time....the kind when you honestly wonder 'what is the point?'.....I haven't felt like that for a long time, and I am dreading having to go to Germany for the budget presentation later this year.
 
Moving onto more positive things, as a result of all the nonsense at home and at work, I went for my first ever walk on my own.....I am normally too nervous and afraid to walk on my own, but on Friday I really needed to clear my head because I was dreading going home. Two hours later, and a bit soggy (it starting drizzling an hour into the walk!) I got back to my car......my ankles are still killing me, but I feel SO MUCH BETTER.
 
And I took some lovely pictures....if I may say so myself!
 
 
 
 



 
 
 
The above picture I actually took last Sunday, when Trev, Minx and I went for a picnic. It was a bit cold, but so pretty watching the birds.
 
 



 

 
And, the last of my 'firsts' for the week was that I used my steam cleaner for the very first time today(I bought it over 2 years ago when we bought our house, and have no idea where the instructions are anymore!). I'm quite pleased with the result, especially the carpet on the stairs.....it's given it a new lease on life.
 
So, that's it from me, fingers crossed next week will be a bit easier.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing some difficulties. Know this, you'll get through and the lessons will grow you - it may sound glib, but I think that's what life is all about.

    But let me now rave about the awesome photos you've shared - they're gorgeous.

    And now, I have to ask, why are you scared to go walking?

    Hope you're doing well otherwise :-) Hugs for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments, Wendy. And, I agree with your recent post that life gives you what your need. In answer to your question, I think I had one too many close encounters in SA that have left me feeling very jumpy about walking on my own....never thought about it much before, but the feeling of fear is very real to me.

      Delete
  2. I hope things have improved on the work and home front.

    I am glad you overcame your fear of walking alone and that you did it! I think the focus on taking photos helped some?

    ReplyDelete