Thursday, 12 May 2011

Week 31 - Food

It was Linda-Maree's theme this week, and I must confess I found it a lot harder than I initially thought....mainly because things didn't 'look' as good as I imagined them (because a picture doesn't have the sense of taste that the imagination does!).
Anyway....Linda's picture first.....comfort food hiding in the cupboard......you do make me smile Linda!

My picture was along a similar line....but more of an 'after' picture.

It was the leftovers from a cake Maxine and I had baked over the weekend - my first 'marble' cake
(from a ready-made pack though!!!)

The other food pictures taken recently:



I took this picture of my banana bread cupcakes, in my new silicone bakeware, which I recently treated myself to, and am really enjoying baking with! Easy to bake with, and MUCH easier to clean.

There are a few things I am quite chuffed about - my banana bread is one of them!

I remember as a child, my dad used to buy boxes of slabs of chocolate from Macro and keep them in the garage (where it was cool).....it was only really him and I that used to eat the chocolate (we both had REALLY sweet tooths), so there was always chocolate on hand.
I will say that I ate far too many sweet things as a child, and my teeth have paid the price....I'm quite relieved Maxine is more a savoury person that sweet, although she does have a chocolate / biscuit binge every now and then!

I also remember going to sleep-over at my friend Nicky's house, and they always had Woolworths Pick and Mix chocolates of an evening after dinner - I used to LOVE going there!!!

Such clear memories when it comes to some foods....funny that!

That's it from me for the week.........

Take care. M

("I would give up chocolate but I'm no quitter")


2 comments:

  1. Oi, my comfort food never hides in the cupboard for too long;-)

    Happy weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your silicone bakeware - so pretty ....Looking forward to next week's theme Lots of love Linda-Maree

    ReplyDelete