Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Inbetween TUT - Getting to know you questions

I had a lovely surprise this morning when I saw Linda-Maree's post, so thought I'd join in.......

25 Getting to know you questions

1. What time did you go to bed last night and were you alone?
9.30pm - sadly, yes I was alone because hubby is away on business (back tonight though)

2. If you could be given ANY gift what would it be?
I'm not one for gifts, if I'm honest. But anything that was a surprise would be wonderful - the smaller the better

3. What was the last film that really moved/disturbed/thrilled you and why?
Can't think of recent ones, but City of Angels is one of my all time favourites. Love the story, love the soundtrack, and love Meg Ryan's hair in it!

4. What is your favourite TV show of all time ie you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it?
Don't watch much TV - but do enjoy watching Ace of Cakes whenever it's on.

5. Whats your favourite way to wake up and whats the first thing you do?
Without the alarm clock, and not before 6am. Very seldom achieve that though!
I get up as soon as I'm awake and go and make some coffee.

6. What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name?
Have absolutely no idea! I've always been happy with my name because it incorporates both my grandmothers' names - Maria and Hetty - I've always liked that.

7. If you had to do a bushtucker challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat?
Anything with a slimey texture.

8. Whats the worst/most embarassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it?
I like all my music and don't really care if it's to others' taste.
9. What would be your dream vehicle (bikes, cars, boats, batcar and millenium falcon is allowed!)?
Not at all bothered. I don't like 'flashy' either.

10. Whats your favourite fantasy people sandwhich?
I honestly don't understand the question.

11. What characteristics do you dislike in yourself?
Feeling sorry for myself; being grumpy at times when I shouldn't be

12. Your favourite item of clothing and why?
An old scruffy pair of tracksuit bottoms - nothing better in the evening when chilling out at home.

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be and who would it be with?
South Africa - to see friends and family, and would go with all the family.

14. If you could have any animal/creature, what would be your ultimate pet be?
I've always been a 'dog' person, so I think I'd stick with that - not sure what breed though - love them all.

15. What did you want to be when you were little and do you think you ever will be?
I can't remember....I went through phases of pretending to be a model, then wanting to join the police. No, I would DEFINATELY not do either now (or in the future)!
One day I would like to become a volunteer helping others.......not sure in what way though....

16. Whats the next planned event you're looking forward to in your life?
Father in law coming out from SA, and going to watch the 24 hour Le Mans race in France

17. What were you doing before you started this?
Nursing a headache, pretending to work.

18. What was the last thing you ate that you really shouldnt of ?
Block of chocolate, last night

19. If you were an ice cream/haagen daz/ben an jerrys flavour what would you be?
Strawberry shortcake - slightly fruity, slighty crunchy, not too sweet!

20. Who was the last person you spoke to that you didnt want to talk to?
Pushy sales person trying to tell me he could save the company money and insisting he make an appointment with me.

21. What was your favourite toy as a child . . .and now?
I loved my Tiny Tears doll when I was young. Now...probably my Ipod shuffle...let's me escape the noise.

22. When was the last time you cried laughing and why?
Can't remember

23. What is stashed under your bed/mattress?
The scale (for practical reasons, it's close to the bathroom, and would be in the way anywhere else). Haven't been brave enough to step on it for a few weeks though!

24. What did you dream about last night?
Nothing - was 'out for the count'

25. What are you really afraid of?
Personal failure
Snakes


2 comments:

  1. Great getting to know you a little better :-) Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete