Thursday, 13 January 2011

Week 18 - Blue and White

Linda chose the theme this week - a lovely theme, that made me notice just how much white and blue there is all around us, every day.

Linda's picture, first, which is beautiful and summery (certainly an improvement on the weather we've been having here in England the last few weeks!)

I must confess, I've always been too afraid to take pictures of the sky, but I really like this picture, and it's given me the inspiration to try myself.

My picture is of a Chinese bowl, which I can't say I'd ever paid much attention to before this week's theme.

I did have quite a lot of fun during the week looking for all things blue and white....here are a few that didn't make the final selection:

Maxine chose this for me for Christmas, so it has pride of place on my desk.


A bear Maxine bought for me at school, as a Mother's Day gift. It was very unexpected, and is very dear to me.

I must confess, I didn't realise how most of my pictures relate to Maxine this week (you'll see the next two as well!)......I think it's quite indicative of the relationship we have with our children - they are everything to us, and we spend so much of our time trying to be the best parents we can for them (and beating ourselves up when we don't live up to our own expectations!).

Finally, Maxine's school colour is blue (and white in the logo), so the first of the final pictures is of her first day at her second primary school three years ago. It is just so 'Maxine' in the quirky pose and expression.

The final picture is her school picture taken end of last year. I had begged her to let them take one (as she'd refused the previous year!). I just love it!


Thanks for visiting. Have a super week!

1 comment: