Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Team Up Thursday - Still having a break

Yes, we're still having a break, but hope to be back soon.

My mum's been in hospital again (4 weeks now), following another fall, which always makes me think of family a lot as I am forced to make more time for her in doing the daily hospital visits.

So, this week, I thought I'd show some of my family pics, some of which are of my mum (now 77) when she was just a little girl - I am thrilled I still have the pictures, which I've now scanned and immortalised.

 


















I love this next picture of my mum with my brother and I:

Here are a couple of old photos of us :




My daughter, Maxine, turned 9 in August (gosh, where did the time go?). She was diagnosed very early in life with Floating Harbor Syndrome, which explained her distinctive facial features and delayed expressive communication. She has been the steepest learning curve I have ever faced and the greatest blessing I could ever have hoped for. She is courageous and energetic and happy, and I could waffle on for hours about all that she has overcome (the least of which is that she is talking!).

Last weekend we collected her new pair of glasses (she last wore glasses as an infant, for slight long sightedness) - she's now slightly shortsighted.

I know, as parents, we're always proud of our children, and would do anything for them, but Maxine really does make my heart burst with love and pride.

Until next week.....



2 comments:

  1. how lovely to have wonderful photos of your mother. hope she is up and around again soon:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for keeping your posts up to date during our break (and they are awesome) - Lovely "old" pictures of your mom and your childhood and I love the one of Maxine in her new glasses - As mentioned earlier today...I will update by Thursday...Promise to carry on with our TUTing from next week..Lots of love

    ReplyDelete