Our house sale is finally concluding.....it's been almost a year since we put our house on the market.....and it's been a REALLY long year!
There have been some ups and many, many downs......
In my packing I have come across some old notes from Maxine, reminding me how important I am to her.....you sometimes forget as your child reaches adolescence and the days become more challenging.
I also found a card with body measurements from that time.......hence my post today.
I started going to gym about a year and a half ago, when my weight peaked at about 74kgs and my size 14 trousers were becoming unbearably tight.
I go through phases of feeling very motivated and others when I don't, and I'm sure I could be losing much quicker if I took it more seriously and went more often / didn't have the odd chocolate or six inbetween!
After my mum passed away last September I started swimming again. Mainly to keep myself busy on a Sunday evening because that was the time I used to visit her and it was an unbearable day for many many months.
I'd forgotten how much I love swimming.
Anyway, getting back to the card, at which my weight was 72.4kgs.
My weight is now just over 66kgs.
And I've lost 3cms on my arms, 5cms on my waist, 6cms on my hips, and 4cm on my thighs.
That's a lot of centimetres.
And, yes, I am proud.
I may not be anywhere near as fit or thin as most of the other gym bunnies, but I'm pretty chuffed of where I am and where I'm going.
And even if it takes me another year to get there, that's okay as well.



Wow Mariette. Well done, that is a lot of centimeters. Usually when you lose weight over a longer period you are sure to keep it off.
ReplyDelete