Sunday, 3 March 2013

Blog Your Heart - February

I did say this year is going to be epic, and February did not disappoint.....

In the first month of Trev's permanent employment, and change from weekly pay to monthly pay our boiler decided to break down.....and that was after I'd researched and 'just not got around to' signing up for boiler cover.....the cost for my procrastination was 4 days without heating or hot water and a £460 bill.....yes, ouch!

So, February has come and gone, and we've had our year end audit, and I'm meeting with the senior auditor on Tuesday to finalise, so all is going okay. We had a cracking audit this year, not like the disaster that was last year......I am very proud of myself and my team....a good job very well done.

This month has been a tough month....things with Maxine have been building, and February has seen two Nintendo's broken, a lucky escape for her MP3 as she threw it down on the driveway in front of the bus one morning because I insisted she take her coat with her, and finally a phone call from the school to voice their concern that she is not making friends and is living in a dream 'game' world.
Trev had been saying for a while now that we are too soft on her (mainly me, I confess) and while I knew he was right, it was easier just to give in to her. But when I got the call from school I knew the time had come for me to get tough, and she is currently serving a month-long ban from Nintendo's for breaking them, and severely restricted hours thereafter.

I find this whole parenting thing so very hard at times.....emotionally I don't cope very well at all, and I second-guess myself constantly.....I feel like I am losing my mind some days.....make that, most days.

Add to that the same old, same old, extended family issues I have come to accept as 'normal for me and my life'.......and there is an unhealthy imbalance deep within me. I don't know how I am going to resolve things - I have come to a point where I know I can't.

We are going on holiday in 2.5 weeks time, and I can barely comprehend it....as much as what I am looking forward to it.....just so much to do before then, and I know time is going to whizz by.

That's it from me, catch up complete....now to go and take this week's pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that there is problems with Maxine. There is no right or wrong way to raise children...and we all make mistakes, so don't beat yourself up.

    Hang in there. You will get everything done before you go on leave. And then you will have the rest you so dearly need.

    xx

    ReplyDelete