Wednesday, 1 January 2014

What happened to the rest of 2013?

I had such good intentions of doing a catch up on the year......and almost got there....and then the wheels fell off!

So, the rest of the year, very briefly.....well, as briefly as possible!

First up there was a trip to Conkers with Maxine and a friend from school.....I have to say it was a trying 'Maxine' day, but fun none-the-less.




Look at that happy face!
 
 
This picture was taken at Great Yarmouth......a disastrous short holiday break that was salvaged, and we had a great weekend in the end.
 
We also had a WONDERFUL weekend at Bournemouth in October, the first time we'd ever been. Here are some pictures :
 

Maxine tried balancing on her first skateboard.
 

 
Never the best at balancing, she resorted to having dad pull her!


One of my favourite pictures.
 
 
Another favourite.....my man!

 
Maxine, the fearless one, having a go at 'crabbing'.....loved it!

 
My girl and I.

 
My two favourite people....Maxine still doing her eye thing!
 
Other news for the rest of the year is that Trev has cleared out his garage, in preparation for his sprint car....yes, he has bought an old sprint car, which is now stripped and being re-built....exciting and mad all at once! The garage clear-out was no mean feat....there were a lot of toy planes and things....and he literally cleared out the whole lot!
 
I'm still fighting the huge verruca on my foot, been having treatment for almost two years now.....2013 saw several months worth of freezing, as well as an unsuccessful session of dry-needling....literally repeatedly puncturing it with a large needle.....no reaction whatsoever......the fight continues....hopefully 2014 will see a turning point.
 
On a final sad note, a French colleague of mine died tragically in a motorbike accident this year. A really lovely guy, my age, and always such a tragedy when a young person gets taken so unexpectedly. And such a truly lovely person....never having a bad word to say about anyone.
 

 
Arnaud and I in September this year.
 
On a more positive note, my brother have been in contact in the latter part of this year, instant messaging several times a week. We have spoken about our childhood in ways that we never have previously, and I am finding it so fascinating, how different our memories are on certain things. He has been pushing for me to come and visit him in Malaysia (Borneo, Malaysia, as in the wild side of the country....literally jungle!)
And I have booked a ticket to go an visit him in March!!!!!
On my own, no Maxine or Trevor (it is just too hot there, and the flight is 16 hours plus each way)
I am really nervous, but also very excited....certainly some new experiences are on the horizon in 2014.
 
I'll finish off my 2013 round up with a picture that Arnaud took at our meeting in Holland....a beautiful sunset.
It's been a tough year on so many levels.
 
 
Next up....my word for 2014!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment