The crazy month that January was, and that 2013 will prove to be....wow, I almost don't know where to begin.
This month has been quite a roller-coaster with my mom, and I am still apprehensive what lies ahead for her this year. I had the shock of my life when she deteriorated so suddenly after having two of her teeth extracted earlier this month. I honestly thought I was going to lose her and it broke me.....I just cried and cried while I sat next to her. But she pulled through and the staff were really kind both to me and to her, and that I was really touched by that. The good thing with her trip to the hospital was that they do full blood tests, and the fact they didn't find anything made me feel better about her general health condition, because if there was something serious, they would have found it. They've increased her morphine which is making her much more confused, and following her conversation is quite tricky now.....but she's not in the exceptional pain she had been in, which is a good thing.
Maxine is continuing with her journey into puberty...yay....NOT....she is SO cheeky one minute and I want to kill her, but then sweet as pie the next....she's driving me nuts! It becomes more complicated fielding criticism and commentary from the in-laws.....and some days are quite tricky dealing with Maxine as well as biting my tongue. I fear there will be many more posts like this in months and years to come!
My new lady at work is settling in well. She's quite stubborn and sometimes insists on doing things her way, which takes longer, but we all have our own way of doing things. And I am realising how invaluable my thirteen years with the company is. It's been especially flattering for me when even two heads together could not solve some queries / problems, and they had to come and discuss with me to solve......I felt like a wise old owl!
But we submitted final YE figures yesterday, and the auditors arrive next Thursday (with January month-end inbetween!) and we are in good shape this year. I put in a lot of extra hours tidying up the system earlier this month, and I sorted out some old issues that had been around for 4 years....and I am more than chuffed it's sorted now.
And then there was my Trev. My hubby has been having a pretty shitty time of things at work for the last while. This month has been the worst, and he has been that unhappy that even I had got to the point of telling him it was time to move on......and then, on Wednesday evening, as he was about to leave, the head of R&D came to his desk and asked him if he wanted a permanent position within his department. Well, to say his jaw dropped would be the understatement of the century. I thought he was kidding when he told me on Wednesday evening. They had a proper chat on Thursday, and Trevor accepted the position, beginning as a permanent employee on Friday. And a really impressive salary to boot!
Trevor has been a contractor for more than 3 years with this company, and asking to be made permanent for the last two. Even I had stopped believing his boss's words that he was 'working on something'.....but he had been. So Trev gets to continue doing exactly what he's been doing, but he now falls within the R&D team. I cannot express how epic this is....we moved to the UK in the hopes of Trevor having a future in the motor racing industry, and he's had so many ups and downs since we've been here...and there have been some massive downs, when I think I was the only person who still believed in him.....he had no belief in himself at times, and it was hard for me to see him broken like that.....and now he is a permanent member of the leading F1 team, designing all of their pit-gear equipment, as well as special projects for Marketing and Race Team.
I am bursting with pride.....still having to pinch myself that this dream has finally come true.
And, if that wasn't enough good news for you, we have booked our flights to SA over Easter - the first visit in 5 years, and I'll be there for my birthday - how awesome is that?!! Just Trev, Maxine and I.
I cannot wait....we cannot wait....my brother-in-law and his wife were over the moon when we suggested it....and Maxine will see her only cousins again, which was one of my primary reasons for wanting to go.
So so chuffed.....this year is going to be epic.
I am thankful that your mom recovered after her ordeal. When they are older they don't cope well with anything health wise. I am praying into your situation with the in laws (out laws) and that it will not complicate your family life any more than necessary. Oh, my dear friend, you cannot tell me anything about teens. But they do grow up and then they are "human" again. I am so happy for you that Trevor got the permanent position and how awesome that he is now so involved with what he loves most. I am telling my hubby when the F1 season begins that I have a friend who's hubby designs for that specific F1 team. Awesome.
ReplyDelete